Initially I was devastated and spent the first few years recovering and reassessing my life. Then everything started to fall into place like a jig saw puzzle. I realised that even though the break up was very tough, the experience taught me:
· surviving difficult circumstances makes you aware of your strength and resilience.
· Juggling work with kids, develops your organisational skills exponentially.
· Situations have occurred which highlighted the importance of listening to your gut instinct or inner voice.
· True joy can be found in the simplest things in life such as reading a book or going for a walk.
· Appreciate the little things in your life each day.
· Be willing to fulfil your dreams now rather than putting it off until tomorrow.
So perhaps what initially may appear to be a challenging situation may in fact be your opportunity to change and lead a different and possibly more enriched life? It all depends on how you look at it.
You have the choice of finding the positive in every situation so that it inspires you to a better future. Alternatively you can dwell on past experiences and become depressed and angry.
The choice is all yours but only one will make you happy in the long term.
My story will be published in the November 2013 issue of the Australian Property Investor Magazine. I have subscribed to this magazine for over 10 years and found it a useful resource when investing in property. This particular issue is filled with stories of people who have survived various obstacles in their lives. Hope you get a chance to buy a copy as it makes interesting reading even if you are not an investor.
Until next time, be safe and happy.