Never being one to sit back and wait for things to happen, I immediately started applying for other jobs. I narrowed down
the type of position I wanted and then began sending out my CV. Within a few months I was fortunate enough to land a new job. Looking back I realise that there were a few factors that helped me gain employment.
· The first was actively looking and applying for positions.
· Setting goals and a time frame of when I wanted to secure a job.
· Having faith and believing that a suitable position would eventuate.
· There were a number of times when I did feel a bit ‘unsure’, but a few friends encouraged me and bolstered my confidence.
· Ignoring and simply walking away from negative conversations.
· Last but not least, sending out my wishes to the Universe.
There will be times in life when stressful situations such as the loss of employment may occur. However these circumstances may be a blessing in disguise. My new role is the most challenging one so far in my career and I am learning something new every day. Financially, I am able to continue to support my family, and indulge in my other passions, namely writing and property investment. I also have more time to spend with my family.
To everyone who is out there now and looking for a role, have faith that the right job is coming your way. People who want work will find it. The key is to believe in yourself and keep trying until you find the perfect one.
The difference between someone who succeeds and someone who fails is that the one who failed, gave up. Have a great week everyone!